Wednesday, May 6, 2015

March 30 - Taipei with Family

My Canon Mark II had problem with communication between the lens and the camera and it prevented me to take photos.  Charles mentioned that there is a camera street in Taipei where I can find someone to fix it for me.  Since there is no specific recommended name of the store, I was hesitated to take my Mark II to get it fixed by someone I am not familiar with.  However, Fei just encouraged me to go there and just check it out.  I checked online and found out the street is Boai Street.  When I got there, most of stores were not open yet, however, I came by this camera maintenance store (King-Tai Camera Maintenance Center) and went in.  Within a minute, the technical staff told me that it was the problem of the photo sensor in the lens, it will cost me NT$3000 to replace a new sensor and the sensor is only made by Canon.  Since it was the lens sensor and not anything inside the camera body, so I agreed to let them fix it.  By the time we got back to hotel from the afternoon shopping, they already called and told me that it was ready for me to pick up.  I was very impressed and so happy that I could get it fixed before our next stop in Japan for cherry blossom. 

We had lunch with Fei’s family at 四川吳炒手 (at 台北市大安區忠孝東路四段250號之3 near 阿波羅大廈站) and they gave us lots of goody including Taiwan tea, spicy scallop sauce, and other souvenirs.
In the afternoon, we went to Yangmingshan again to view the famous blooming azalea. We took a different route this time and walked on a forest hiking trail which we have not done previously and it give us a different aspect of Yangmingshan.  When we finally got to the azalea area, we only saw spotty azalea and most of the azalea blooming were gone.  However, we still have fun of hiking into the Yangmingshan and visited the famous flower clock again.
When we got back to Taipei, we went to Bear Cuisine for dinner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment